Friday, October 14, 2016

My new life and my new Bucket List

We have had an adventurous 19 months since I last posted. Last year we moved to Washington State, Port Angeles to be exact, and spent five wonderful and miserable months there. Wonderful because of how beautiful it is and how close to the water we got to live, and wonderful because of the many great people we met there; miserable because of how much we missed our family. So now we live closer to Salt Lake City, a bit, and are enjoying a new home, a new dog, Brianna, several new grandkids, a new job, and all around, most of life. 

We are enjoying the joy of Brianna; yes we miss the other two girls we had; we probably always will; and we are always sad when we don't get to see other family members anywhere nearly as often as we would like. However, we love the joy of having our grandchildren, all within an hour's drive.  Brianna is loving learning to ride horses; she enjoys her new school and her two great teachers, we like the area, Mark stays busy with family history, photography, and taking care of Brianna. I love my new job, still a therapist, but it seems to me that our life has sort of been settling down. I'm not saying everything is settled, but most things are. And there is a sense of deep gratitude for that. Brianna continues to be challenging on occasion, but she brings far more joy than challenge. And challenges bring growth opportunities. All in all, a good thing, and really, a wonderful thing. 

We are still committed to the LDS Church, though not all of our family is. But that's okay. We don't all need to be the same or think the same, right? But I'm looking forward to life ahead, and I hope mostly, it's a good thing.
Three of our cute grandchildren, visiting our new house for the first time.

One daughter with her new baby, another daughter and Brianna.

Toby, ruler of the roost, just ask him.
Two more cuties.
This granddaughter, modeling new school clothes..



Daughter and family (all but the new baby) visiting near our home in Washington.


Brianna with Darth and other StarWars Guy in Seattle., under the Space Needle.

Oldest granddaughter.

Brianna and 6 year old granddaughter on the way to riding lessons.

Hanging out with a new "friend."
Our new house, prior to landscaping.

I made my Bucket List today, and I'm kind of excited about it. It's not as glamorous or as amazing as some people's list, but still, it adequately represents me and my future as I hope for it. I thought I'd share it here, in case anyone in this world might be interested. 


My  Bucket List: 40 Semi-Practical things

I want to help a lot more people though my job as a therapist.
I want to raise a happy Brianna.
I want Mark and I to continue to have a good relationship for the rest of our lives.
I want to have close relationships with my entire family.
I want to visit England, Switzerland, Germany and Italy.
I want to pay off all our bills.
I want to live near the coast. Oh wait, we did that in Washington!
I want to paint 5 well-done paintings.
I want to memorize 7 piano solos (so when I'm old and can't see much, I can still play something!)
I want to encourage Mark as a photographer and decorate our home with his art.
I want to complete an amazing yard.
I want to have pretty great relationships with all the kids and grandkids.
I want to learn Spanish well enough to carry on a short conversation.
I want to spend five summers on the coast.
I want to vacation in Canada.
I want to meet and be friendly to all our neighbors and sponsor neighborhood parties once or twice per year.
I want to go on a cruise.
I want to go on 10 5-50 mile bike rides with Brianna and Mark every year.
I want to have a family portrait with our entire family.
I want to forgive anyone who has ever hurt me.
I want to own and play a baby grand piano.
I want to be really good at playing organ.
I want to visit the 23 states I haven’t seen.
I want to do the temple work for as many ancestors as I can.
I want to do [some] child therapy again, even if I have to do my own business.
I want to reach my Weight Watcher’s goal weight and maintain that for the rest of my life.
I want to stay healthy for Brianna and grandkids for at least 30 more years.
I want to be able to swim a mile.
I want to walk 15 miles per week, every week.
I want to have my whole house decorated nicely.
I want to have a completely organized home.
I want to go to the temple many more times in my life.
I want to feel very close to Jesus and Heavenly Father on a regular basis.
I want to stay committed to my testimony.
I want to do child therapy again, even if I have to do my own therapy business.
I want to be able to swim a mile.
I want to walk 15 miles per week, every week.

I want to die happy.

And that, is all I have to say about that! Here's hoping and planning!!

No comments: