Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving morning

Today we should be able to see all of our family, except for Kevin and Michelle in Los Angeles. I am trying hard to be grateful for all of our blessings-- and to focus on the present moment.  NOT what, or        WHO we don't have.  But I think holidays do tend to make loss more poignant. I know there are so many people in the world who are suffering loss today. And trying like we are to make the best of it.

So what cheers me? First, my good husband, who is lying next to me in bed as I type. Then, my grandchildren, who bring so much joy. Also, the fact that I pray to a loving a Heavenly Father who I KNOW is there.  He lifts me up at my darkest moments, and gives me the strength to help others! Such a gift.  And I am helped by the gift of my children and their spouses. I hope I give back to you some of what I get, now that you're all grown.

Happy thanksgiving all! And I hope if you have a loss in your life, that you TOO will turn to the source of peace and comfort.  He will help, when all else fails. And someday He WILL make it okay in the end. This, I know.

No comments: