Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Blessing Day

On Sunday, we got all the family together for Anna and Lance's kids' blessings. The older three hadn't had their blessing either, so Jayden was blessed in Church, then the kids at home afterwards. It was great to have our whole family together in the same house for several hours, and all together at church. But we aren't a perfect family. I'm not perfect; sometimes I say the wrong things; and I DEFINITELY worry too much. Mostly about our children. HOWEVER, I do believe in each one of them- ultimately I think each one will figure out his or her own life. Truthfully, I'm glad I don't have to be in charge of anyone else but me!

We had fun on Sunday kicking around ways to stay more involved with each other despite the distance between us. It was agreed that we MIGHT consider a book club. Course we have several in college, which makes it difficult for them to read anything but text books right now. SO I'm going to look at an amazing deal on something interesting on Amazon, and send people out our first selection. Can't see it working for long, for as ADHD we tend to be, but you never know! But bottom line, we enjoy being around each other. And we all enjoy having our own space and time too. Two good things!

2 comments:

Alissa said...

It all sounds perfect Karen!

reallifemormonwife said...

Thanks Alissa. And Thanks for reading my blog! Kinda running out of things to blog about. Ideas?